General English (GE)
- GE focuses on developing communication skills to live and work in Australia and abroad.
- GE is mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- GE is offered at all levels - A1 to C2.
- GE is recommended to be taken in 11 week blocks.
- GE classes are 20 hours per week.
- GE classes can be morning classes from 8.30am to 12.55pm or afternoon classes from 1.05pm to 5.30pm.
What is the tuition fee?
- Tuition fee for GE $450 per week from 1st January 2016.
What will I learn?
- You will learn the language skills necessary to function in any English-speaking country and specifically Australia.
- You will acquire the skills and confidence to get the job you want, travel around Australia or prepare for life after university.
- You will learn the language needed to prepare for permanent residence or enter the workforce in Australia.
What do I need to enter?
- There are no set entry requirements for GE.
- Initial placement in a class is by CET placement test, IELTS or equivalent.
- There is a minimum two weeks enrolment.
Which GE course is best for me?
- You may join an ongoing course on any Monday.
- GE can be taken in combination with Business English (BE) and English for Specific Purposes (ESP).